It has been 4 days into the new year and I am overwhelmed, excited, hopeful and enthusiastic about it. Never felt like writing a resolution because I am aware of my procrastination skills; just superb. However, maybe a little things to share.
This blog was started in 2010. Regardless of its failure I believe, it is one of the best things I have done. I shared random and irrelevant topics, just like am doing now but each and everyone had its own different effect in my life. It’s probably worth thanking the very few people who supported the idea, (although hardly ever came back to check on it :p) and I promise to make it an enjoyable read for 2011. With probably much less self-centercism!
Of course, it probably goes without saying that I accomplished one academic year of my formal education… and a couple of years in my informal education. It’s some kind of a twist.
I met incredible people, and I made great friends… Although the best ones where those we usually meet in crossroads, the ones that come and go really fast. However, some are worth remembering and some are worth all the forgetting … And life goes on.
It has saddened me a lot in this last year, the political situation in my homeland. I have tried blogging about it but I guess I always failed to express my true grief. So many news, mostly disappointing, hardly ever cheering but we keep and stick to every drop of hope that’s left in every inch of The Sudan. One day, we will see the light. The result of all the negative events in 2010 and the years before is about to appear before our eyes in less than 5 days… sigh. Let’s not talk about it for now.
The self discovery journey has been interesting. Maybe it never ended yet, but I can tell it is very much about to. The confidence gained is just precious for the time being. Mistakes have been made, some fixable, some are just permanent damage but the whole idea is to learn and never repeat the silly ones.
Famous or Global events I remember from 2010 :
1) World Cup 2010 in South Africa. Of course, Waka Waka.
2) Sudan rigged presidential elections that got the corrupt government to win. I mean, “win”.
3) The ground zero mosque controversy.
4) Chile trapped miners who got saved. Australia trapped miners I guess never made it, sadly.
5) People started attacking Mr Barack which means he is never getting re- elected.
6) Myanmar changed their Flag ? Yea they did.
7) Oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
8 ) Some Saudi prince abused, raped and killed his personal assistant in London.
9) Global warming showed significant effects on the earth’s climatic pattern, at least to me.
10) Of course all the festivities; Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhist … Valentines day, Labor day and Mother Teresa day. !
May this 2011 be a happy year to all of us.